Subject: Re: Attn JMS: Emerald City ComiCon and Cannes Film Festival
Date: 4/23/2008 9:06:38 PM
From: "jmsatb5@aol.com"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

I know I've been absent here for a long time, but it's been necessary
to getting out from under a number of deadlines and personal stuff
that's been going on which basically put me into (or undre) the bunker
to focus on getting things done. There was a two week period where I
didn't leave the house other than to get mail. At all.

But with so much going on at the moment, I felt obliged to come in and
put out some information, with the note that there will be more to
come in the next week or so.

To the question of Emerald City Con, yes, I will still be attending,
though I don't yet know the schedule. I imagine they'll mainly have
me doing stuff on Saturday just because that's the main day for the
con, but that's conjecture on my part.

Yes, I will be attending the Cannes Film Festival with Changeling
along with the rest of those involved in making it. The announcement
was just flat-out stunning.

On the work side, in the post-strike environment, I've 1) sold two
original screenplays, 2) was hired to rewrite/basically write a new
script for a project for the Wachowskis, 3) have just finished a deal
to work on a project with Wolfgang Peterson, 4) have another spec
script going to auction around the end of May, 5) just closed the deal
on another assignment which is based on a very influential series of
SF books, 6) have one more deal to write a remake of a nearly
legendary SF movie that will close in a few days, 7) there's a deal on
the table for both Dream Police and Rising Stars which I'm considering
right now...all this in addition to writing The Twelve and Thor (which
remains in the top 5 of best-selling comics) and getting the script
books out the door.

Which explains why nobody's heard a peep from me in ages.

Now I need to take a nap.

jms