Subject: Re: Repost: ATTN JMS: Questions concerning "Comes the Inquisitor"
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 04:11:45 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

Angelika Tobisch wrote:

> > Since I'm new on the group, hello to everyone.
> >

> > While skimming the latest scripts something in "Comes the
> > Inquisitor" caught my attention:
> >
> > When Sheridan arrives to save Delenn, Sebastian tells him
> > about her involvement in the war. Since the audience will
> > only get to know this little tidbit much later (it totally
> > blew me away btw, the combination of total surprise _and_
> > absolute believability is a great one) and you said
> > somewhere that Delenn will never tell Sheridan (something
> > I'm not so glad about, but that's beside the point), this,
> > to me, is quite a big change.
> >
> > Was this scene actually filmed and only edited out later?
> >
> > Are there any particular reasons for dropping the scene or
> > was it just for reasons of editing?

I'm trying to remember, 'cause it was a while ago, but I have a vague
recollection that I came to my senses and deleted the scene prior to
shooting.  But then, my memory isn't what I seem to distantly recall it
might have been once, maybe.

> > It's one of my favourite episodes. A friend of mine, who
> > plays a priest in live action roleplaying, is determined
> > to watch it again some time and use some of Sebastian's
> > dialogue and demeanor in his character.

Hurm....

> > I also wanted to thank you for your words on Richard Biggs.
> > I had the chance to meet him several times at conventions
> > (all of them before I actually watched the show - stupid me)
> > and what you said about the "perpetual light" around him,
> > perfectly matches my impression of him. It was on one of
> > these conventions that we all learned of his death and the
> > somber mood throughout the rest of the event said a lot about
> > how people had perceived him.

Yeah...he was an amazing guy.  Still have to keep reminding myself that
he's not around anymore.  If physics tells us anything, then that
amount of energy could never be wholly destroyed.

jms