Subject: Re: B5 Scripts Volume 6 On Sale Next Week
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 03:47:10 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

Iva wrote:
> I just got the e-mail notice from CafePress.com about the book going on sale
> but the link does NOT take you to the order page. ;(

That's because Cafe Press sent out a release that it should not have
sent, and which was sent prior to the book going on line.  (To prevent
people from picking up the book while we're finessing it and running
test copies, it's listed at $400 which nobody in their right minds
would pay, then it's moved to the regular price when it goes on sale.
The email went out when it was still listed at that price, before it
was moved off the demo page...and amazingly, some people actually paid
that price for it.  But they were each notified via email of the error
and the orders canceled asap.)

They have been wrist-slapped and it will not happen again.  Always make
sure that the mailing comes from the B5 scripts team, nobody else.

jms