Subject: Re: from jms: too damned much stuff
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 02:43:39 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

Paul, if you're saying that you've never made those kinds of sweeping
generalizations or broad insults about peoples other than your own,
then you're just lying.  It's not just a matter of putting words in
your mouth.  Here's another, which couldn't be plainer, about how all
those Americans are fat:

"Other than all those Americans' expanding waistlines? They're walking
around like slo-mo nuclear explosions over there. Another few years
and they'll start going off... :-)"

In doing a simple google on your postings, one finds a nearly endless
supply of insulting, patronizing messages.  What does this have to do
with the other?

First, for me, after spending fifteen years online extolling my love of
all things British, to have one line said primarily in humor as some
kind of condemnation of Britain, to have it taken as ANYTHING other
than a joke, has to be one of the most astonishing leaps in logic in
centuries.

Second, if one checks one's Bible, it suggests that people remove the
log from their own eye before attempting to remove the splinter from
someone else's.  For you, having posted the kind of rants you have
posted directed to Americans and others with whom you disagree, to come
after me for one sentence in 15 years of posting constitutes a level of
hypocrisy that is dazzling to behold.

Third, and finally, the reason it matters...is that condemnation only
takes root when the person doing the condemnation holds to higher
standards of behavior sufficient to earn your respect and thus accept
the rebuke.  When the person doing the criticizing behaves as you
have...well, neither can really follow logically, now can it?

jms

From: Paul Harper
Newsgroups: uk.net.news.config
Subject: Re: RESULT : Create uk.net.providers.aaisp PASSES