Subject: From JMS To Canadian Fans - Urgent Medical Note
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 03:22:54 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

I'm posting this both as a new thread and a follow-up to an existing
thread to make sure it gets through in a timely fashion.

A while back, I'd asked for cancer information on behalf of a friend.
Now I need some real serious help here as the situation has escalated.

The father of a friend in Ottawa, Ontario Canada underwent surgery for
lung cancer which had a good result for a time, but things have
unexpectedly gone sideways.  There is now a problem with the cancer
moving toward the brain.  Left unchecked, it will be fatal.

There is treatment which can help immensely even at this
stage...however, he is caught up in gears of the medical bureaucracy
there and as things stand now, won't be able to get to the treatment
until it's too late to do any good.  I need someone who can break him
out of the gears and get him into treatment asap and in general be of
help to the family.

So I turn to the Canadian B5 fans ans anyone with connections up there.

Let me be clear: DO NOT EMAIL ME UNLESS YOU FIT THE CRITERIA BELOW.
The family does not have much time before the treatment becomes
unhelpful, so therefore neither do I.  I can't put in time poring over
ten thousand emails fishing for the right ones.

So reply ONLY IF you are a) someone who can help them break out of the
gears and get the treatment needed, or b) you know such an individual
personally.  An oncologist, a hospital administrator, an
obuds...somebody who can DO something, preferably in the Ottawa area,
but they can go elsewhere if necessary.  Do NOT send emails to
recomment web sites, pass along pesonal stories, or suggest places
you've heard about.  I appreciate the concern and the advice, but this
isn't the time.  This is, very literally, a matter of life and death
and time is of the essence.

I know there are a lot of Canadian B5 fans out there, and somewhere in
your ranks I know there is somebody who can help here.  Raise your hand
and let me know who you are and what you can do.

jms