Subject: Re: Auction Mania Phase II
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 03:33:41 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

I still hope that he is taking some of this and putting back towards
worthy causes.

This is the only time I hope to talk about this.

One of the things I almost never discuss is the issue of charities,
because I'm of the school that says what you do, you do privately, you
don't make a show of it.  Otherwise you're doing it for all the wrong
reasons...it becomes "looka me, how magnanimous I am!"  I've never
believed in that.

So for as long as I can remember, I've always tithed about ten percent
of my income -- sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on the work
that year -- to a variety of causes.  Mostly women's shelters, some
hospices, Aids Project LA, the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, PEN
International, amnesty international, a handful of others.  And there's
other stuff that nobody will EVER know about because I do it
anonymously, which is the way it's supposed to be, at least from my end
of things.

And that, I hope, will be the last I ever have to say on the issue.

jms