Subject: Re: Amazing Spider-Man #510 (SPOILER SPACE--BIG REVELATION)
Date: 06 Aug 2004 20:21:01 GMT
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe

>If the timeline problem turns out not to be a problem because they
>aren't his kids at all, for example, then that alone wouldn't be good
>enough for me.  Because the plot is proceeding on the basis that the
>idea of Peter being their father is PLAUSIBLE.  If it's manifestly
>implausible on timeline grounds to readers, then logically it should be
>likewise implausible to the characters, and they should react
>accordingly.

So let me see if I've got this straight...you can accept a universe inhabited
by guys with spider powers, Norse gods, an ageless super soldier, a wasp woman,
shape changers, a big green guy, and you don't think that there could be a
plausible explanation for kids being of an unusual age.

Got it.

See, all you really had to do was explain it reasonably, and I'm there.