Subject: Re: Why is it J. Michael Straczynski
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:56:22 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

>Question:  Why is it there are so many alliances you've been involved in
>which seem great to start with, and then turn not just sour, but absolutely
>putrid?

Actually, they've been more the exception to the rule than the rule.  The
nature of TV is that there are egos involved, lots of money involved, and those
two don't tend to play well together.

Nonetheless: my experience with Universal was great on both Murder and Jake, my
experience with WB was great on B5, my experience with Marvel has been
terrific, Showtime was great to work with, and I could go on at some
considerable length about others.

TNT was a nightmare to work for on Crusade when they changed watchmen on us and
took away the good guys who worked with us on b5 and gave us idiots.  Top Cow
was a good experience until the situation with the movie manifested itself,
which again results from egos and money in unfortunate confuence.

>Were you really giving a hyperbolic description of  yourself when you
>had Sebastian comment about being "like Diogenes, with his lamp" searching
>for someone willing to die for a just cause for all the wrong reasons?

If I were, consciously or otherwise, it would be awfully self-indulgent of me.