Subject: Re: And So It Begins...
Date: 26 May 2003 03:00:21 GMT
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

>Of course some also studiously ignore the downsides of universal health
>care. The Canadian government is now proudly touting the fact that they have
>brought the waiting time for hip surgery down to less than three years. SIx
>nine months to get access to an MRI.

Sounds pretty good for that section of the American population who can't afford
it at all, however.  If I had the choice between not getting a new hip because
I couldn't pony up the money, because I had no health insurance, and waiting
three years...I'd go for the latter every time.

You kinda have to put on a different perspective to view that one with
equanimity.

>BTW: How do you feel about Hillary Care and HMOs.

Rephrase that in a less obviously biased fashion and there's a discussion to be
had.  To call it "Hillar Care" is to dismiss something out of hand by ad
hominem attack.  That's not an entry point to a conversation, it's the opening
salvo in a diatribe.