Subject: Re: Rising Stars
Date: 14 Apr 2003 07:15:47 GMT
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.misc

>I just love it when artists jump on here and correct the fan rumours
>that so often take the place of facts.
>
>Nice to know you're keeping us honest, Joe.

It's really not a problem.  I certainly don't take excessive umbrage at it,
it's part and parcel of the fan community.  Hell, as a fan myself, I've done
the same thing...before finally figuring out that the most sensible thing to do
is probably to ask the person involved for clarification.  You'd be surprised
how often you get an answer back.

Sometimes I see the most *astonishing* things posted as holy writ...but what
you have to always bear in mind is that in 99% of the cases, it's just guys
innocently passing on what they've heard.  Only in that 1 percent are the guys
who do it to make trouble.  The former you gently correct, the latter you nuke
from orbit.  The trick is learning to tell them apart.