Subject: Re: And So It Begins...
Date: 08 Apr 2003 02:57:21 GMT
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

>So you are saying that there *isn't* somebody out to get us?  That being on
>the lookout for suspicious characters, doing suspicious things, is
>unreasonable
>in a society that has become so selfish as to ignore crimes on the street
>because it's "none of my business"?

I'm *saying* that through two world wars, against far more lethal and numerous
and well-armed enemies than what we have right now in a few thousand hobbled
members of Al Quaeda and an almost entirely disarmed and impotent Iraq (as
testified by the ongoing war), we managed to serve the interests of liberty
without erasing the reality of liberty here at home.  We did it without
shredding the constitution.

THAT'S my point.  Get it now?