Subject: Re: And So It Begins...
Date: 01 Apr 2003 21:30:21 GMT
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

>What was the charge?  I'm guessing, since I know a bit of the law, that they
>were asked to leave by Security, refused, and then arrested.

No, that's not what happened.  They were told that they could stay IF they
removed the t-shirts.  They were only told to leave after they refused to take
off the shirts.

And again, I point out that the shirts they were wearing had been purchased AT
THE SAME MALL the day before.

The police arrived, said you can't wear that shirt in here.  The father -- who
is not "an idiot" as you claim but a respected attorney in the area -- said no,
that he wsa NOT engaged in a demonstration or a protest, only wearing a shirt
and using his freedom of expression.  They then arrested him.