Subject: Re: ATT: jms Why do you oppose a war agaist Iraq?
Date: 22 Jan 2003 18:57:05 GMT
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

>I recommend that you study the subject further, if you read the chart on the
>bottom you can clearly see that the US nuclear force has decreased over the
>years.

The study you cite was in 1998, talking about where things will be in 1999.  So
it's WAY out of date.

Also, the Bush administration has stated publicly that it intends to awaken and
expand its work on nuclear devices in warfare.  The statement included more
work on tactical nukes, the development of bunker-buster nukes designed to
irradiate areas deep underground, and other niceties.  And it may return to a
more rigorous schedule of underground nuclear testing.