Subject: Re: ATTN JMS: B5 Backbiting from actors wins no fans here
Date: 07 Dec 2002 02:02:35 GMT
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

>All those in favour of JMS say "aye"

Then I vote nay.

And I'm not being facetious.

This shouldn't be about taking sides with one person over another.  The day
people start agreeing with stuff just because it's me, is the day the
conversation is over, because it's no longer a conversation at all.

I'm in favor of reasoned discourse, of asking impertinent questions in search
of pertinent information, but doing so fairly, without resorting to straw-man
arguments, pettifogging, paraphrasing, dead-catting or "are you now or have you
ever been" high school debate tactics.

It's not about winning or losing an argument or taking sides.