Subject: Re: ATTN JMS: B5 Backbiting from actors wins no fans here
Date: 06 Dec 2002 09:23:56 GMT
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

>But none of us were there, except JMS and the cast and crew of B5. And even
>their statements should be taken with a grain of salt. Everyone has a
>different
>perspective, and no one has perfect and unbiased memory.

I don't necessarily disagree with this, there is a certain amount of that in
any kind of human discourse, but there are also other elements to factor into
this.

Here, for me, is the biggest one.  If you go to jmsnews.com, you will find
16,694 messages that I posted to the net between November 1991 and five seconds
ago.  All of this was done in real-time, without having to fall back on
memories of events five or ten years down the road.  So the information there
was as current as the event itself.

Lots of other recollections have been found to be flawed.  Claudia's statement,
for instance, that she was fired, where I had insisted she'd quit, only to have
her say, in later interviews, that yeah, she did indeed quit.  (After having
left me to bear the brunt of that allegation for a very long time.)

But in 11 years and 16,694 messags (of which this will become 16,695), not one
of them has ever been shown to have strayed from the truth after the fact.
They have uniformly passed the test of time.

If I have one benefit, it's that I come from a journalist's background, and I'm
very good at reporting what happens, without much in the way of elaboration.

Personally, I think that counts for a lot.