Subject: Re: An apology to JMS regarding his upcoming Spidey work
Date: 14 Mar 2001 02:53:55 GMT
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe

> After reading his rebuttal to my comments,
>I'm here to say sorry JMS, because you're right there's a lot
>of us crying about things we've heard or read (that includes
>me) without thinking about the context or even first seeing you
>apply these elements into the story.

Apologies are not necessary.  We learn by doing.

>I would have to say my comments yesterday were written with
>the memory of too many things that have happened in the "regular"
>Spider-Man continuity in at least the past eight years that have made
>the books unreadable.

And I absolutely agree with you on that.  I hope that what I do will be
satisfactory to the readers.  It's certainly my intent, and it springs from one
single desire: to do right by Peter, and by Spider-Man.

>So again, I apologize to JMS for criticizing things I've heard he's going
>to be doing without first reading the actual upcoming stories. And thank
>you JMS for popping in here on this newsgroup from time to time

It's okay on both counts, and just so we're clear, I completely welcome your
comments on the book when it comes out, good, bad, or indifferent.  If you
think it sucks, say so and tell me why.

On this end of the modem, we, too, learn by doing....