Subject: Re: How did he do that?
Date: 11 Mar 2001 16:35:24 -0700
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

We generally made deals for all episodes produced, and I used the actors as I
needed them for the story.

>While I know Star Trek references are not appreciated by some here, they
>did make it a point to include everyone somehow.

Only problem with doing that is that it whittles away the complexity of the
story you can tell, and the degree of personalization.  X characters per
episode = Y minutes spent with each of those characters out of a set number of
minutes per episode (about 43).

I always figured, just take what I need for the story and no more than that.