Netflix has purchased a 10-episode first season of Sense8, a new television series created by J. Michael Straczynski and Andy and Lana Wachowski. The “gripping global tale of minds linked and souls hunted” will debut in 2014.
The fourth and final issue of Dr. Manhattan was released today, Wednesday 27 February 2013. The title is “Changes in Perspective”. This issue is Straczynski’s final contribution to Before Watchmen.
The Babylon 5 Scripts Team surprised us with the release of The Babylon 5 Scripts of J. Michael Straczynski – Volume 2.5 on Wednesday 23 January 2013. This volume focuses on the original draft script of “Points of Departure”, previously thought lost to a hard drive crash. It’s discovery was followed by the revelation that it was actually shot, and that the “Points of Departure” that we know is the product of significant reshoots. This volume recreates the original version of “Points of Departure” from the original draft screenplay and a recovered VHS recording of the original shooting of the episode. Volume 2.5 includes:
- The original draft script with extensive annotations comparing it to the director’s cut, producers’ cut, and aired version, comprising 100 pages.
- A video-image recreation matching up the script to nearly 300 screenshots from the original version of the episode.
- An audio CD of the original version of the episode.
- A postcard and bookmark featuring quotes that didn’t make the final cut.
- As a bonus, J. Michael Straczynski’s outlines for the “Centauri Prime” and “Passing of the Techno-Mages” book trilogies.
Volume 2.5 can be purchased from the Babylon 5 Books website for $39.99. It is on sale for $10 off through Wednesday 30 January 2013.
Issue 4 of Nite Owl was released today, Wednesday 26 December 2012. It is titled “From One Nite Owl to Another”.
Issue 2 of Moloch was released on Wednesday 19 December 2012. The title is “The Eleven-Thirty Absolution”.
Issue 3 of Dr. Manhattan was released on Wednesday 12 December 2012. The title is “Ego Sum”.
Issue 1 of Moloch was released today, Wednesday 07 November 2012. Moloch is a two-issue Before Watchmen miniseries that was added to the publishing schedule subsequent to the initial Before Watchmen announcement. It is written by J. Michael Straczynski with art by Eduardo Risso. This story focuses on Moloch, a significant villain in the Watchmen universe. The title of Issue 1 is “Forgive Me Father, For I Have Sinned”.
Superman Earth One Volume Two was released on Wednesday 31 October 2012. This hardback graphic novel is the follow-up to Straczynski’s New York Times bestseller.
The Babylon 5 Books Team will published a companion volume to the six-volume Echoes of All Our Conversations collection of interviews with the cast and crew of Babylon 5. This volume contains indexes to the other six volumes – which they will also provide online for free in PDF format – plus a few bonuses. The release date is 17 October 2012, but preorders are currently being taken.
The featured “cover actor” for the Companion volume is Stephen Furst. The Companion volume includes:
- A comprehensive, 108-page index to all six volumes containing 2,387 entries and 11,949 references (will be available online for free)
- An index for each of the six volumes averaging 12 pages each (will be available online for free)
- A Babylon 5 production timeline
- Tables of contents categorized by occupation, i.e. directors, regular cast, guest cast, etc.
- An illustrated index that gives each interview subject’s name and photograph along with the relevant page numbers
- Four previously unpublished set plans
- An individual autograph by Stephen Furst
- A special note to the fans by Stephen Furst
- A bookmark with a Vir quote selected by Stephen Furst
- A Postcard with a Vir quote selected by Stephen Furst
The Companion volume is priced at $34, but it is discounted to $24 until Tuesday 23 October 2012. It can be ordered at B5Books.com.
The entire series has had its availability extended until at least 31 March 2013. The free PDF indexes will not be made available until the series has ceased publication.
Issue 2 of Dr. Manhattan was released today, Wednesday 10 October 2012. The title is “One-Fifteen P.M.”