To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Babylon 5, the B5 Books team will release Babylon 5 at Twenty: A Visual Celebration. This is a 12″ x 12″ hardcover book with slipcase containing 256 pages with 753 high-resolution images.
Visit B5Books.com to see some images of this beautiful tome. The 150gsm heavy-weight paper is museum-quality with a matte finish. The cloth cover and slipcase are made from extra durable WIBALIN®. The title and B5-20 logo are embossed with foil stamping, and a silver ribbon bookmark is attached. The book has the highest quality Smyth-sewn binding. This means the book lays flat for every page and the pages will not pull away from the binding (nor will the spine crack) because the pages are not glued.
The book ships on 30 June 2013 and is priced at $134, but pre-orders are currently being taken at the discount price of $88.
J. Michael Straczynski’s big announcement at the San Diego Comic-Con 2012 was the creation of Studio JMS. This new media company organizes all of Straczynski’s work under one roof, including books, comics, films, television, digital media, and more. Patricia Tallman (Lyta on Babylon 5) is running the company with him.
Some projects currently underway from Studio JMS include:
- The Flickering Light – a film about a Nazi propaganda director who rented concentration camp inmates to appear in her films
- The Adventures of Apocalypse Al – the previously announced web series for MTV
- Living Dead The Musical – a self-financed web series
- Epidemic – a television series co-produced with Will Smith’s production company
- The previously announced Vlad Dracula television series for Starz
Straczynski is also re-teaming with Image Comics to revive his Joe’s Comics line. The first four titles will be:
- Falling Angel
- Ten Grand